July 20th, 2015
Yokohama BayStars 6
Streak: Won 2 Last 5: WLLWW
|W: Arakaki (3-8)|
|L: Kubo (7-5)||`|
|S: Barnette (1-0, 22S)|
The offense exploded for 17 hits, Arakaki won for the first time in since mid-June, Lord Hatake returned from injury and the Swallows moved up to third in the (pitiful) Central League standings. Not a bad day at the office.
|1||Hiyane (CF)||1||Kajitani (RF)|
|2||Kawabata (3B)||2||Matsumoto (CF)|
|3||Yamada (2B)||3||Miyazaki (2B)|
|4||Hatakeyama (1B)||4||Tsutsugoh (LF)|
|5||Yuhei (RF)||5||Lopez (1B)|
|6||Ohbiki (SS)||6||Baldiris (3B)|
|7||Dening (LF)||7||Kuramoto (SS)|
|8||Nakamura (C)||8||Kurobane (C)|
|9||Arakaki (P)||9||Kubo (P)|
- Manaka’s flavor of the month Hiyane singled to center
- Kawabata’s doubled to left, Hiyane scored.
- Yamada then singled to make it runners on first and third with nobody out.
- Lord Hatake grounded into a doubleplay, Kawabata scored. 2-0 Swallows
Second inning (offensive explosion):
- Ohbiki singled to right
- Mitch Dening walked, runners on first and second, nobody out.
- Hot hitting Nakamura hit a bloop single to left, bases loaded nobody out.
- Usually absolutely woeful with the bat, Arakaki, SINGLED TO CENTER!!! Ohbiki and Dening scored, Nakamura to second base. 4-2 Swallows
- Hiyane grounded into a fielder’s choice, Nakamura advanced to third.
- Kawabata fouled out to third.
- Yamada singled to center 5-2 Swallows
- Hatakeyama singled to center 6-2 Swallows
- Yuhei singled to left 7-2 Swallows
- 5 runs, 6 hits, 1 walk in total for the Swallows
Fifth inning: Yuhei singled to center and later came around to score on the other Yuhei (Nakamura)’s single to right. 8-2 Swallows
Although Yokohama scored in the sixth, seventh, and eighth innings to make it interesting, the Swallows won. 8-6 Final Swallows Win
– After missing five games through injury, Lord Hatake went 1-4 with a single and reached on an error.
– Arakaki tied a season high by giving up five earned runs but came out with a win. (Still not close to making up for all the good starts he had and receiving no support on offense.)
– Yokohama’s four game winning streak came to an end, as well as their time in first place. Unfortunately, the Giants are back in first place.
– Yuhei is really good with kids, maybe a little too good: in the seventh inning, Yokohama third baseman Baldiris hit a flyball that was dropped by Yamada. Thinking that it was a foul ball, Yuhei graciously gave the ball to a kid in the stands not knowing that the ball was still in play. Result of the play: Baldiris to second on Yamada’s error (E-4), advanced to third on Yuhei’s error (E-9), and a small child in the stands was left wondering what the hell happened 🙁
– Tomorrow’s starters: crafty veteran and longtime Swallows nemesis Miura for Yokohama, Ogawa for Tokyo.