Dave, Chris, and Kozo kick off 2015 by going over all the things that transpired since the last podcast. A lot has happened since the last podcast and the gang attempt to deliver all the BFSNs from the busy offseason.
- A quick and dirty review of the Japan Series.
- A review of Swallows award winners.
- Offseason Chris movements, as well as other roster moves.
- A Junji Ogawa update.
- Import player updates.
- The crew go over the team’s free agent signings (!).
- Free agent compensations.
- Draft overview and players to watch.
- BFSNs including discussions involving the following images.
- Atsuya Furuta’s induction to the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame.
- More BFSNs including player weight control stories.
- A mini-Manaka discussion.
- Going over the BayStars’ new uniform slogan plan. Send us your Swallows personal uniform slogan ideas!
- The crew taste test bottles of 陽出る国の銘酒 (hiizuru shima no see) from 2004 and 2006. The preceding links will take you to specific shop pages of the particular vintages. A quick Google search will yield other liquor shops willing to ship you other vintages of this shochu. We’d love to hear your tasting notes from other years. All the shops we’ve seen only ship to Japan. We cannot arrange deliveries of shochu abroad. Please drink responsibly.
- Chris’ book The Shochu Handbook – An Introduction to Japan’s Indigenous Distilled Drink is available in paperback and eBook formats at book retailers including Amazon and SmashWords.
As always, we thank you for listening!
Intro and outro bookends mixed by David Watkins.