Monday Bullets is a feature in which Tsubamegun writers (mostly Kozo) gather random news, thoughts, images, movies, etc. during the week and publish them for off day consumption.
- This year’s “Empowerment” fan uniforms were announced. Once again the uniforms are surgical scrub green, but this year they feature navy blue sleeves. These uniforms will be given away to fans during four games this season (July 12, July 21, August 7, and September 7). The team will wear the same red-trimmed Empowerment uniforms they wore last year in seven home games this season.
- The Swallows need to figure out how to win on the road if they want to end the season better than last place. The team is 3-14 as visitors this season. Two of those wins have come at Yokohama while the final win road win has come in the Tokyo Dome. The Swallows have played to a good-but-not-great 10-10 record as the home team. Last year the Swallows finished 24-45-3 on the road.
- Through the first seven games this month, the Swallows starters have a 2.34 ERA, which is vast improvement from the 5.46 the they had during March-April. Unfortunately the bullpen has gone from a 5.64 ERA last month to a 6.45 ERA this month.
- This week, Imanami was sent down to make room for Tokuyama on Thursday. After Tokuyama’s outing he was sent down the next day and Morioka returned to the top team. Morioka got the start on Saturday but Araki got the start on Sunday signalling a possible platoon situation at shortstop.
- Earlier today, Chris Carpenter was removed from the active roster. Rookie LHP Iwahashi is expected to be called up tomorrow.
- Totally random question: What’s Chris Narveson’s walk up music at Jingu? I heard it once but didn’t get a chance to look it up. It sounded like Eminem, but I didn’t recognize the song. Unfortunately Narveson’s song isn’t listed on the team’s site at the moment. Can anyone help me out?
- Reminder: This is the last week of CL action before we switch to 5 weeks of Interleague action.
- Finally a set of GIFs that are a decent metaphor for where we currently stand in the season.