- Kenshin Kawakami, Chunichi’s u-turn starter, apparently married an American citizen while working in the US.
- Victor Diaz signed a one-year deal.
- The Giants put a clown suit on KBO’s Hanwha Eagles beating them 14-0 on Thursday.
- Matt Murton joined spring camp on February 8th. His delayed return to Japan is the result of a new addition to the family, Andrew Jacob Murton.
- Minoru Iwata scored more Valentine’s Day chocolate than any of the other players on the team.
- Craig Brazell has been seeing some time in left field recently. That seems to be a pretty clear indication that Johjima could be converted to first base in the near future.
- Lost 2-5 to Saitama on Thursday down in Nichinan.
- Oscar Salazar signed a deal with the Baystars.
- Lost 5-9 to KBO’s KIA Tigers. Former Tokyo Swallow, Alex Ramirez, went 2-2 with a double and a homer.
- Ryan Braun was exonerated and will not be suspended for the first part of the 2012 MLB season. Very few details are known at this point, but it sounds like the positive test sample may have been mishandled. Anyway, as we wait for more information to see the light of day, one thing is certain. Norichika Aoki’s path to a starting job in the outfield just became exponentially more complicated. It might be time for Milwaukee to sell high on Nyjer Morgan, no?
- A short while before news of Braun’s successful appeal broke, Aoki reported to spring training and was introduced to the media.